Application for TLC Outdoor Cat
These vouchers cover the full cost to spay or neuter your
outdoor cats (barn, yard, feral),
vaccinate once for rabies and distemper and,
while under anesthesia,
the left ear and apply a dose of parasite medicine.
Use this application only if you meet all
of the following program requirements:
- You own and live on the property where the cats reside.
- You live in our service area -- see
Service Area Map.
- The cats have simply taken up residence on your property
-- you did not bring them there.
- You are providing the cats with daily food, water and dry shelter
-- and will continue to do so.
- You are committing to fixing all of the cats
on your property (male and female, friendly or feral)
in a timely fashion -- once you start receiving vouchers
you will continue to use them until the entire colony is sterilized.
- You understand that this may require live trapping and/or
an alteration in your feeding schedule -- see our
Feral Colony Management
handbook for what this requires.
Do not apply until you are certain you will be able to
use our vouchers as you receive them.
- You are committing to managing the colony,
watching for any newcomers that may join the colony
and getting them fixed under our program -- the objective
of this program is to make your property one more parcel
where no more unhomed cats will be born.
If you meet these requirements, then:
- The Application is here.
Fill it out and return it to us -- see the Instructions below.
- If you have more cats than fit on one application, add them on a
separate page -- all of your unfixed cats must be listed.
- We typically send out vouchers four at a time (if you listed
4 or more cats).
When those vouchers have been billed to us by the clinic,
we automatically send out four more -- until all of the cats
you listed have been fixed.
- If you miss some cats on your initial list or newcomers have arrived
(which you can easily tell by their untipped ears),
complete a new application for the new cats -- and include the information
requested on the cats we fixed earlier.
- If you have a relationship with a particular veterinary clinic,
you may request that clinic to spay/neuter your cats and if it's
one of the 30-some clinics that we work with, we'll issue the
vouchers to that clinic.
If not, or if you don't have a preference, we'll select the vet clinic
for you -- typically within 5-15 miles of your home.
- We normally process your application within 1-3 business days, and
- If your application is approved, we'll mail you the vouchers --
which must be used within 30 days of receipt.
Please call the authorized clinic immediately upon receiving the
vouchers to schedule your appointment.
If your application is not approved, we'll try to phone or e-mail you
(but don't always succeed).
If you don't receive your vouchers within a week or so from when you apply,
contact us by phone or email.
- The Application is in pdf-format, which can be viewed with most
modern browsers or with Adobe Reader.
If you can't display the form, you can download the free Adobe Reader from
- You may print out the form, fill it out by hand and mail or fax
it to us.
If you do this, be sure to print the information legibly
using black ink.
- Alternatively, you may fill out the form on your computer.
Use your Tab key to step through the form.
(Shift-Tab steps back to a previous entry.)
Use your Spacebar to place an x in the appropriate check boxes.
You can change or edit your entries by clicking on them.
Signature may be omitted, but Name, Date and Telephone are required.
- After filling out the form on your computer, you may either
print it out and mail or fax it -- or save it to a file and email
it to us.
Common reasons why applications are not approved:
- Failure to meet one or more of the requirements listed
under Eligibility above.
- Failure to legibly provide all of the information requested on the
- Past abuses of the program, eg., not using vouchers we issued
earlier, using expired vouchers, using vouchers with a clinic other
than the one specified, giving the voucher to someone else to use,